Friday 19 October 2012

attitude check

Attitude.  It's such a powerful thing.  I find it SO EASY to start down the slippery slope toward a bad attitude and quickly find myself in a terrible mood with all sorts of reasons to be angry and hurt.  It happens so fast! 

I've been thinking about this and working on trying to stop the train before it hurdles down the slope out of control.  I'm doing this because a bad 'tude spoils my day and affects others around me as I lose my patience and my kindness. 


For as he thinks in his heart, so is he...
Prov 23.7 AMP

But I'm also - and more importantly - working on this because I know it doesn't honour God.  I spent time in prayer and reflection today and asked Him to cleanse me of any influences on my mind, thoughts and emotions that are not of Him.  And I asked for His help as I move forward with my intent to 'take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ'.


We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
2 Corinthians 10.5 NIV

It's a new day, a clean start.  I've already had to put this into practice a couple times today.  But they were successes and I know I'm honouring God when I banish negative thoughts before they have a chance to turn into a big bad attitude.



No comments:

Post a Comment