Monday 15 October 2012

elephant journey

I heard an ancient tribal story recently which really spoke to me.

There was once an elephant who dreamed to become a healer.  When she was still young, however, she was forced out of her homeland.  As she set out to find a new home, she was hit with one challenge after another - attacked by other animals, no water, no food, lost in unfamiliar places...  She was battered, scarred, torn, wounded, frail.  But each time, her dream in mind, she found strength to continue on her way.  Eventually she came to a beautiful pool in a peaceful place.  As she eased herself into the pool, it's healing waters transformed her into spirit.  Her spirit remains there and all who want to become healers must now walk her path, facing the struggles and bearing the wounds until they come to that pool.  As they reach it's refreshing waters, her spirit fills them, restores and heals them, and gives them what they need to be healers. 

I've been going through some really difficult struggles over the past few years. I know that I'm growing and learning from these difficulties and challenges and that God will be able to use me in new ways because of these experiences.  My prayer is that he will be able to use me to help heal others.  But while I am still in the midst of it, I'm learning that I need to seek out God's calm restoring pools of refreshment in order to survive each attack on my life journey. 



     He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,
he restores my soul... 
Psalm 23.2-3a NIV


I've started this blog is a space for me to document some of my journey, what I'm learning, my struggles, heartaches and joys.  My hope is that God will use it to bring hope and healing - both for me and others going through struggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment